Data Is the New Platform — Accenture Technology Vision
Gigacom talks about “data is new platform, and social is intelligence” summarizing the Accenture Technology Vision 2011, a cross-industry research project )available for download from the link).
It takes stock of the evolving trends in IT and how they will impact business and society as a whole. The research team looked into 400 hypotheses based on input from scientists, architects and engineers. They found fifty that held true, which they consolidated into eight trends:
- Data takes its rightful place as a platform.
- Analytics is driving a discontinuous evolution from business intelligence.
- Cloud computing will create more value higher up the stack.
- Architecture will shift from server-centric to service-centric.
- IT security will respond rapidly, progressively—and in proportion.
- Data privacy will adopt a risk-based approach.
- Social platforms will emerge as a new source of business intelligence.
- User experience is what matters.
So, what does it take for you as information professional, to be at the steering of this “data as platform” world. Share your thoughts.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment