“Data is the new Intel Inside” from Chid Kollengode
In this interview excerpt, Chidambaran Kollengode, Big Data veteran and DAMA India President, shares his insightful thoughts in this interview excerpt from informationweek
Some snippets from the excerpt for a quick reference.
- Big Data is when the data itself becomes part of the problem
- Big Data is about scale and diversity of data types at petabyte scale.
- Data, labor and capital have become the tripod on which success of companies rest.
- Develop a harmonized data model that will accept and integrate data from a wide variety of sources.
- Correct management of structured and unstructured data with a well-defined master data management system is critical.
- Rapid progress in near-field communication will open up another new area of data collection and analysis, opening up more Big Data avenues when and if this happens.
Read the whole article at the informationweek interview excerpt.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment