Filed under: Knowledge Share Sessions
Free for all professionals, registration required, please do not block seats as capacity is limited
Focus: Agile BI and BI Reference architecture
When: Friday Feb/10/2012, 03:45 PM to 06:15 PM
- 03:40 PM Sign in and Networking
- 04:00 PM Agile BI, Akash Gupta, Product Manager, Search Analytics, Yahoo!
- 05:00 PM Coffee Break
- 05:15: PM Telecom BI Reference Architecture for enhancing customer intimacy, Jawahar Sapabathy, Principal Architect for CSG International
Register at: http://informationexcellence202.eventbrite.com/
Where: Iron Mountain Software Services Private Limited, Level 02, Block A, WTC-2
Bagmane World Technology Centre (BWTC), K.R. Puram – Marathahalli Ring Road,
Mahadevpura, Bangalore – 560048 (Same Campus as EMC India; Opposite Total Mall)
Directions: From Marathhalli Bridge, head towards the KR Puram Bridge. After going through the underpass, there is a Total Mall to the left, and BWTC on the right hand side. Limited Parking available inside the Campus.
Speakers and Topics:
Akash Gupta, Product Manager, User & Data Analytics, Yahoo!
Akash Gupta is Product Manager of Search Analytics at Yahoo!. He is a Business Intelligence evangelist who specializes in retail, entertainment, and multimedia verticals. He has worked at eBay Inc., MicroStrategy Inc. and Electronic Arts Inc. before Yahoo India. Mr. Gupta holds degrees from the University of Maryland, College Park and Stanford University, California.
Agile BI: Learn about how Yahoo uses Agile methodology to analyze search data. Hear how their BI deployment boasts of an Agile BI approach that has resulted in an average of one release every month, as well as Yahoo’s thoughts about their best practices on tools for agile BI, usability and data quality. Also learn about what Yahoo has gained from their Agile approach, and future plans to adopt Mobile devices and Cloud to augment the reach of their BI platform to more users. AkashGupta_Yahoo_AgileBI_IEG2012Feb
Jawahar Sabapathy, Principal Architect, CSG International
Telecom BI Reference Architecture for enhancing customer intimacy
- Typical BI applications in different industries – 5 minutes
- Specific Telecom industry applications – 10 minutes
- Enterprise BI Reference Architecture – 30 minutes
- Subject areas
- Source systems to get 360 degree view
- Top level use cases realized using this
- OLAP as RADAR
- Mining as targeted precision instrument for the use cases
- Deep dive in to a specific application – say Retention Management – brief on important variables that are potential drivers, a process for valued customer retention.
- Challenges/Enablers for achieving BI unique to the industry – 10 minutes
View the presentation on the slideshare link or at the link below
JawaharSabapathy_Telecom Enterprise BI Architecture_IEG2012Feb
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment