Information: one of the four IT landscape Change Agents
The four IT forces: the forces of 1) cloud computing 2) social media and social networking 3) mobility and 4) information management are all evolving at a rapid pace.
- The convergence of cloud, social, mobile and information into a unified set of forces shaping almost every IT-related decision.
- Four IT forces, IT consumerization and new technology styles are forcing democratization of IT spending
- Control of technology and technology-driven decisions is shifting out of the hands of IT organizations
- Technological evolutions in the workplace happening despite the controls IT places on the use of technologies (social, mobility, collaboration)
- Concept of “big data” is beginning to forever alter the definition of information consumption
- IT usage is maturing from the (technology) means to the end (business outcomes).
Read more on this Gartner Predictions at http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?id=1871420 (summary accessible without subscription).
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment