Filed under: Knowledge Share Sessions
Date: Saturday Oct/31st/2015: 09:30 AM to 01:00 PM
Host Organization:Akamai (Thank You for hosting us)
Big Data Adoption and Evolution: Case Study from the media industry (Chid Kollengode, Sr Director, Engineering, DataXu)
Chid has been a key member of the Yahoo’s Hadoop foundational team, and a champion of Big Data Technology evolution and adoption. He will talk about the adoption of Big Data in the Media industry, challenges and evolution, based on his experience.
Speaker profile: https://in.linkedin.com/in/chidk
His Specialities include.
– Proven ability to repeatedly seed and nurture high performance teams – in Amazon, Yahoo, Nokia.
– Big Data and Data Science – Delivered 100TB+ Oracle to 35+ petabyte Hadoop warehouses.
– Ability to take ideas from prototype to Internet-scale production (Hadoop and A9)
– Focus on getting it done – partner with customers and proactively manage risk
Deep Learning Overview (Dr Bharatheesh Jaysimha, CTO, Abiba Technologies)
Dr Bharatheesh is the CTO at Abiba Technologies, Driving Data Science driven solutions for the Telecom and Retail industries. His expertise spanning Data, Analytics and Business Solutions is valued by Abiba customers worldwide.
Deep learning machines are reincarnated versions of previous machine learning avatars like neural networks and fuzzy systems. What separates them from machine learning 1.0 is their ability to create features on their own instead of handcrafted features as in other algorithms. There are different flavors of deep learning from deep learning networks to auto encoders to deep unsupervised approaches. This talk from Dr. Bharatheesh will shed some light on the origins of deep learning, different approaches currently used and applications of deep learning in variety of domains (visual, sound, text and time series), along with tools that can be used for embedding DLMs in your applications.
Speaker profile: https://in.linkedin.com/in/jbsimha
Akamai, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore google map link for directions:
Salarpuria Softzone, 2nd & 3rd Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Survey No. 80/1, Bellandur Village,
Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037
- Please bring a govt id proof, for the Security process at host organization
- Don’t block seats if unsure of attending
- Session is free for all, but Registration is essential
- Please be there on time to make use of the learning and knowledge share networking opportunities
- questions or suggestions: please email to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Saturday Oct 31/2015 09:30 AM to 01:00 PM
Sign in from 9:30 AM
09:30 AM to 10:00 AM Informal Introductions and Networking
10:00 AM to 11:15 AM Big Data Adoption and Evolution
11:30 AM to 12:45 PM Deep Learning Overview
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment